A Yummy & EASY Holiday Treat! {Recipe}

Posted by Jenna | Sunday, December 01, 2013




I love to have Christmas goodies around the house this time of year, but the problem I run into is finding time to make all of the cookies and candies that I enjoy! Since my kids are getting to ages where they enjoy helping in the kitchen, I like to find yummy recipes that are quick and easy to prepare. Thankfully, the following recipe is perfect for moms with little ones! It's EASY, FUN, FESTIVE and DELICIOUS! 

I'm not sure what these are officially called, but in our house the kids like to call them Reindeer Noses. :) No matter what you call them, they taste amazing and there are variations to suit your taste too! 



What You Need: 

1 Bag of Round Pretzels
2 Packages of Hersheys Chocolate Kisses (could buy more bags, as I always have way more pretzels than kisses leftover)
1 Bag of M&Ms (I used the holiday M&Ms but it would be easy to use whatever you had on hand or best suited the current holiday)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ

2. Place a piece of wax paper out on a pan (I used a large, shallow cake pan I had). The wax paper will make it easier to get the pretzels off once they are cooled.

3. Then have your kiddos help you line the pan with pretzels (as many as can fit). 

4. Unwrap all those Hershey's Kisses and place one on each of the pretzels. 

5. Put in the oven for 2-3 minutes. Take out and place an M&M on each Hershey's Kiss (pushing down until it fills the pretzel). 

6. You can either let cool on the counter, or place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. They take quite a while to cool, but are SO worth the wait!  

This may sound like a simple recipe, but boy are these little treats addictive. They are very good and the perfect amount of salty and sweet to feed my craving! Everyone in our family loves them.

I make a couple of pans full and then freeze some so we have them closer to the holidays to enjoy as well!

What I love is that they're perfect for the holidays, but can really be made any time of year. If you're planning a baby shower you can use blue or pink M&Ms or even try Hershey's Hugs! YUM!


What's your favorite quick and easy goodie to make this time of year? We'd love to hear! If you'd like, share the recipe or link in the comments below!



1 comments
  1. LauraJJ December 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM  

    Oh these look so easy and fun! I am going to have to make these with Carter! We love to make cookies and treats for the holidays!

Post a Comment


09 10