DIY Projects and Gift Ideas!

Posted by Jenna | Tuesday, October 29, 2013




With the world of Pinterest at our fingertips, it's no wonder DIY projects can be found on almost every blog and social media site! I will admit, I have found some ideas that are keepers, and already have a nice lengthy "honey-do" list for my hubby to tackle at some point. With everything from DIY furniture to gift ideas...it's often more fun and reasonable to simply make things yourself if you have the time and the patience.

With the holidays around the corner, I've already been busy looking for fun gift ideas I can make for the ones I love. Not only will it be easier on my pocketbook, but in the end they will receive a gift that is more personal than anything I could have bought in the store. The following is one idea I made for my mom for Mother's Day. It's simple, yet one-of-a-kind. She loved it!


And, although gifts are on my mind with Christmas nearing, I've also got my wishlist of things I'd like to make for around the house too! Afterall, DIY projects go beyond just gift ideas. The possibilities are endless! One larger project my husband and I worked on together was making a functional locker space for our kids to keep their coats, school bags, shoes, etc. It has worked out perfectly and was also a lot of fun to make.

It has me excited to work on more DIY projects, especially after seeing totally awesome bunk beds a friend of mine made for her daughters! With baby #3 on the way, she and her husband built the neatest bunk beds that would be any child's dream. They each have their own personal space with a curtain that can even be closed on each of their beds! There are a lot of bunk beds out there, but I had never seen anything like this before! Such a neat idea, especially since kids love bunk beds!

Although each of our kids have their own rooms, my husband and I have always talked about having a bunk bed in a spare room for guests or the kids' friends who stay the night. After seeing that building one-of-a-kind bunk beds is doable, I'm excited to come up with plans for our own!

Do you consider yourself a DIY'er? If so, what are some of the projects you've enjoyed most? Any good DIY gift ideas to share with us?



1 comments
  1. Anonymous August 3, 2014 at 9:52 PM  

    Consider having online contests as a method of the Facebook marketing and advertising plan. Offer cash incentives or discounts in your users if they like the page. Constantly actually send out the winning prize or you’ll damage
    www.billplemmons.biz |

    unbearable.biz |

    www.mrautos.co.uk |

    www.gogreencab.org |

    atcostructures |

    contaotemplates.biz |

    visibleschool.org |

    ourhumanrightsstories.co.uk |

    hpaconference.co.uk |

    barleytilling |

Post a Comment


09 10