We've been busy checking off our "to do list" these past few weeks, making sure everything is ready for our little one's arrival in just 4 1/2 weeks! At first we thought that we had everything we would need having had one baby already...however, after we got thinking about it, we realized that there was one big item we were still missing....a double stroller!!
I am the type of person who researches baby gear, like strollers, a lot! I want to make sure that whatever it is we get will suit our needs. The question I kept coming back to when it came to a double stroller was whether we'd want a side by side stroller, or a front to back one. I think there are benefits to both...but in the long run figured we'd probably get more use out of a back to front one as I think they are easier to maneuver...especially in stores or tight spaces!
Since I kept coming back to the front to back strollers, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to review a Kolcraft stroller. Kolcraft sent us their Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller for our kids. Having looked at many other double strollers over the past few months, I can tell you that the moment we took it out of the box...I was very impressed. The quality of this stroller is amazing. It's heavy duty and well made...something I feel is important in a stroller that will be used a lot.
The thing that impressed me most about the Contours Options Tandem Stroller was all of the options! There are 6 options to this stroller...so everyone's needs are sure to be met. The seats can be set so they're both facing forward....an option I foresee us using when the baby is a little older and out of the carrier. Kaelyn just loves the front seat!
You can set the seats so they are back to back. This is where my favorite option comes in...because not every double stroller allows you to use a carrier on it. Using the easy infant car seat attachment that comes with the stroller, one can place most carriers so they face you while pushing the stroller. I love this feature and know it will be used a lot in those first few months! Our carrier fits perfectly.
Another option is to have the seats face each other. I definitely think this is a unique option and one we would use in many different settings. It's a great way for the kids to interact with one another.
An option I don't know that we'd use very often, but is still nice to have, is to have both seats facing the parents. I think this option would come in handy if you had two children who were napping or younger children that you wanted to keep a better eye on.
The final option, which gives you a LARGE amount of storage is one that would be great for one child if you were shopping in the mall, out for a day at the park, and many other situations! I have found it to be quite handy already.
Now, your first thought might be that having all of these options must be pretty complicated as far as usability goes. I have to admit, at first I was concerned about this too. It wasn't until we had it put together and tried out each of the options that I realized how EASY it really was! They have these easy to use little red buttons on each side which allows for the seat to simply pop out so you can place it in the position you would like. It literally takes second!
So what if you have more than two children? Well...they won't be left out either! This stroller has two handy loops on each side of the push bar so that older children can hold it while you walk. What a fantastic idea!
Not only did I find all of the great options to be fantastic, but I also appreciated all of the storage it has. One could easily take this on a day trip to the Zoo or amusement park with plenty of space for diaper bags, shopping bags, etc.
The stroller folds up easily as well. To fold it up, one or both of the seats must come off. I wish that both could be left on, but it's such an easy thing to do with those little red buttons that I really don't find it to be a nuisance at all. We typically keep our stroller in the car anyways, so it will be no problem to keep the extra seat on top of the folded stroller.
In the times we've been able to use this already with just Kaelyn, I can tell that it handles very well for a double stroller with its two 8" front single swivel & 10" rear never flat wheels. The reclining seats seem very comfortable and I love the infant head rest for additional support and protection of a newborn's head. The canopies are also large and allow for great protection from the sun when necessary.
Overall, I am very impressed with the Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller and would definitely recommend it to other parents who are looking for a double stroller. After all the research we've done, and all the double strollers we've seen, I feel this one offers a lot! I have not found any other stroller which has all the options that this one does. It is a bit on the larger side, but still handles well and is more narrow than a side by side stroller.
Buy It: The Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller can be purchased for $249.99. An additional Infant Car Seat Attachment can be purchased for $29.99 if you have twins.
How To Enter To Win: Kolcraft has generously offered to give one of my readers a Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem double stroller of their own!! To enter, visit Kolcraft and leave me a comment letting me know another product they carry that you like.
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom's Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Kolcraft) and leave me FIVE separate comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. Post my Holiday Extravaganza blog button to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
5. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: Enter for a chance to win a Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem double stroller @MomBalancingAct http://bit.ly/5Qi3E Ends 11/19 (It appears Twitter is no longer letting you do duplicate tweets, so you may have to change slightly if tweeting every day)
6. Follow Kolcraft on Twitter
7. Become a Fan of A Mom's Balancing Act on Facebook
8. Become a Fan of Kolcraft on Facebook
9. For TWO extra entries, Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
10. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)....ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end November 19th and is open to the US Only!