Getting a Toddler to Drink From a Cup

Posted by Jenna | Friday, February 06, 2009

For about a month I have been debating when to start Kaelyn with a "big girl cup", as well as silverware. She's used a spoon here and there, but other than we either help her, or she uses her hands to pick up most foods. I decided to start with the cup today.....it was quite the fun experience!! :) I was preparing myself for a big mess...as I wasn't sure she would understand what to do. I begin by showing her how Mommy drinks out of a cup, then handed the cup to her. She held it in her tiny hands, put it right up to her mouth and began drinking. Was she doing what I thought she was doing?? I couldn't believe she was drinking from the cup so well. After a few drinks, we did have a little spilling, but overall she did GREAT, and spilling was expected! :) I was so proud of her, and could tell she was proud of herself too. We'll have to show Daddy the pictures tonight....he'll be so excited of our little girl!!



0 comments

Post a Comment


09 10