Daniel's Den

Posted by Jenna | Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I don't often have a lot of time to read anything but my Bible and devotionals...I'm sure others, especially busy parents can relate. However, when contacted by Glass Road Public Relations to read and review Daniel's Den by Brandt Dodson, I decided that I was going to take a little "me time" each day and see what it was all about. After all, I enjoy a Christian fiction story...especially when it's a thriller like this one! Having heard many great things about this book and knowing what a 'page turner' it is...you can imagine it sparked my curiosity and had me indulging in "me time" even longer each day than I had expected! The reviews don't lie...this book is definitely a thriller and one that has you flipping page after page, not wanting to put the book down. I guess you could say this probably isn't the best thing when you're a busy stay at home mom and wife who is trying to get a million things done in one day...but after having read it, I decided that it's nice to have some time each day to do something relaxing like this. In fact, I may just begin reading more often! Who knows?!

Even though I could probably write pages about this book, I don't want to give it all away in case there are others as anxious to read it as I was. For those who haven't heard of Daniel's Den though, I thought it would be a good idea to give you a brief synopsis of what the story entails and why it's a MUST read!

As the reader you're thrown into the life of a very busy and successful stock analyst in New Orleans as well as that of Laura Sky, who runs a small B&B in the Shenendoah Valley with her young son Andy after having lost her husband to cancer and her parents when she was younger. Although Daniel and Laura are as opposite as they come, their lives were brought together when Daniel stays in her B&B, as he runs for his life. He has some very powerful people after him after being accused of a murder he did not commit. In his search for answers he is lead to Laura who he believes has ties to this situation. Together they now must work and try to let the truth be known, all while running from the men who want them dead! They discover how important it is to depend on God, the One who will never abandon them!

I would definitely recommend this 'page turner' to anyone who enjoys a story of hope, and one that has you wanting to know what will happen next until the very end! It lacks a bit of the "romantic element" that I so enjoy in stories, however all in all it's definitely one many will enjoy! I know I did!



0 comments

Post a Comment


09 10