Lessons in Motherhood: 3

Posted by Jenna | Sunday, January 27, 2008

Each month I try and write about a lesson in motherhood that I've learned and come to realize as important now that I am a stay at home mom. Although there are things I learn each and every day, that are crucial to me. This month it's a lesson learned about, and for myself. Remembering to take time for mom is key!

Over the past few months of being a mom I've learned so many things, but one thing I've learned that's so important to remember, is that it's important to take time for yourself. Having a baby is wonderful...I enjoy every day I get to spend with her. But sometimes it's nice just to take a moment for myself. Not only important, but crucial! Being a mother is the most important job in the world. I want to be my very best, and to do that I must take time for myself. Sometimes I just need to recharge my batteries. Whether it be taking a bath or reading my Bible, it's important to take time here and there for myself!

Although this is important, you may be saying...."But it's not an easy task to take time for yourself when you're trying to balance everything else that goes along with being a wife, a mother, and a homemaker, etc." This is true. It's not easy task, but something we truly need to work at. No matter how hectic life gets, even if you don't think you have the time, it's important to make the time. I'm not talking a whole day off or anything, just a half hour here and there.

I've learned how important this lesson really is. If you want to be the best mom that you can be, you must take time out for yourself. You deserve it!!



0 comments

Post a Comment


09 10