Lessons in Motherhood: 1

Posted by Jenna | Tuesday, November 27, 2007

As I've been a stay-at-home-mom now for a few weeks now...I've began to realize that there are certain lessons to be learned. The first one that I'd like to share is that of Taking it a day at a time & going with the flow.

What do I mean when I say take it a day at a time? Well, I began this adventure of motherhood thinking I could continue to have my to-do lists and that I would be able to get everything accomplished in a day like I used to. However, over time I quickly found out that this idea of a day in the life of me was unrealistic. Having a baby to take care of now, I am unable to get my mind set on finishing a list of tasks to get done during the day. Being the organized person that I am, this has been a difficult adjustment for me...but one that I'm learning to get used to. Kaelyn pretty much decides our schedule right now...as she is still very young and is napping and eating when she needs to. I know as time goes on that more of routine will be in place...but it is still not realistic for me to think that I can have a list for each day and get it all done. I've learned that I must take it a day at a time and get done what I can. To me this is one of the most important things to come to terms with if you are staying at home with your children. Life definitely changes and our priorities become our children....our homes and cleaning for all of the other neat freaks out there like me, must come last. I for one am enjoying this first lesson of motherhood that I've learned. It's helped me let loose a little and enjoy my time with Kaelyn.



0 comments

Post a Comment


09 10