The Perfect Cup of Homemade Hot Chocolate

Posted by Unknown | Thursday, September 19, 2013


The first official day of Fall (or Autumn, if you prefer) is Sunday, Septemeber 22.  For me, this means that my daydreaming about hayrides to the pumpkin patch and spiced apple cider has already begun.  I'm in the market for a new scarf and I can't wait for the weather to cool down so I can wear my boots.

Another thing that Fall tends to bring is yummy, warm, comforting food and drinks.  (I won't tell you how many Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes I've already consumed this season!)  Actually, Starbucks now sells pumpkin spice Vias which really do taste similar to the real thing - not to mention it's much more cost effective.  Anyway, this isn't a post about Starbucks so I'll get on with what I'm saying.

The other night I decided I wanted to make some hot chocolate.  Although, seeing that we had no instant hot cocoa packets on hand, I started scouring the cupboards for something that would suffice.  As a result, I ended up making the BEST, most scrumptious hot chocolate I've ever consumed!  And I'm not exaggerating.
Here's what I did...

Ingredients:
Semi-sweet bakers chocolate
Agave syrup
Whole milk

How-to:
Heat up the milk
Put all ingredients into a blender (to taste)
Blend until smooth

I'm thinking that you could also make this ahead of time and then keep it nice and hot in a crock pot if you were having guests over.

You're welcome.



1 comments
  1. Custom Packaging Boxes September 21, 2013 at 7:38 AM  

    Wow!I just love the chocolate flavor.Thanks for the wonderful recipe.

Post a Comment


09 10