**This post is brought to you by ConAgra Foods and The Motherhood, and I've been compensated for my time. However, all opinions are my own.
 
During the school year, 21.5 million children depend on free or reduced-price school meals to help keep them from going hungry. But have you ever thought about what happens during the summer months? I will admit, I had never really thought about that question until just recently.

Due to low awareness, geographic barriers, and limited availability of summer meal programs....only 2.3 million children are enrolled in summer meal programs! This means there are millions of children at an increased risk of hunger during the summer. Wow! This number was startling for me to read! Summer for these children is not fun and relaxation...it is full of the risk of being hungry.

 
To help, I was asked if I'd like to work with The Motherhood and ConAgra Foods Foundation to raise awareness about an initiative called Hunger-Free Summer. It's such an important cause and one I'm more than happy to help with in any way I can.

In case you're not familiar with the Hunger-Free Summer program, ConAgra Foods Foundation's $10 million commitment to Feeding America is dedicated to summer hunger support. The program, now in its fourth year, has supported the delivery of more than 2.5 million meals and snacks to children struggling with hunger over the summer. 

You can visit Feeding America and view the interactive map called map the Meal Gap. This will show you the number and percentage of people in your area who are food insecure, the cost of one meal, and the amount of money required to meet food needs. 
 
This summer, 29 food banks in 20 states will use Hunger-Free Summer grants - ranging from $20,000 to $50,000 to overcome barriers. And, helping bring awareness to the issue is actor and father of five, Christ O'Donnell.
Chris worked with ConAgra Foods to develop a video and a simple way for others to join in the fight against child hunger: For every view, a meal is donated!

This is such a great cause and one I would encourage you learn more about as well! You can start by viewing and sharing the Chris O' Donnell video. Remember for every view, a meal is donated!!

You can also connect with ConAgra Foods on Facebook and Twitter.

 



1 comments
  1. Anonymous June 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM  

    I know this if off topiс but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I'm assumіng hаving а blog like yours ωould сost
    a prettу pennу? Ӏ'm not very web smart so I'm not 100% certain.
    Αnу tіps or adνiсe would be greatly аppreсiatеd.
    Thank уou

    Mу webpage 888 Poker Offer

Post a Comment


09 10