Curiosityville ~ Learning Website for Children #Curiosityville

Posted by Jenna | Tuesday, May 28, 2013



**I wrote this post in partnership with TheMotherhood and Curiosityville. All opinions are my own.
 
Today children are becoming more and more involved with technology. All three of my kids (5, 3 and 18 months old) know how to use our electronic devices, including the computer.  I want to use technology for their benefit...helping them to learn and grow as they do different games and activities. That's why I'm always on the lookout for fun websites that make that possible. Thankfully, Curiosityville is just what we've been looking for, for our 5 year old daughter!
Curiosityville is a fantastic, research-based personalized learning website for young children and their families! They have received many awards and were created in partnership with National Geographic, John Hopkins University and others. 

Upon being introduced to Curiosityville for the first time, I visited their website and learned a lot about who they are and what they offer. It is a site that engages early elementary and pre-K kids in educational games of all kinds. As a parent of a 5 year old, I was really excited to learn we were going to have the opportunity to test it out for ourselves.
Getting signed up couldn't have been easier. In just a couple of minutes we were all ready to go. One of Kaelyn's favorite parts right from the beginning is how she can choose from one of 5 characters to play and learn with. Her favorite is Jack the police officer. Each one offers a variety of educational activities for kids to do. They're fun, and each one turns learning into an adventure...how great is that?! I LOVE it! So does she!

She has spent a lot of time playing and learning with the different friends in Curiosityville. It's neat to watch as she has fun and learns at the same time without even knowing it. When I got her signed up, I put in her age and interests...and have found the activities to be perfect for her level. With everything from matching to recognizing uppercase, lowercase and even typing simple sight words...it's right up her alley! 

One of her favorites is the matching sketch game!
This is truly a site that moms like me have been looking for. I appreciate that it has come to my attention just in time for summer now that Kaelyn is done with school. I want to help to encourage her with educational games and activities so that she is having fun, but still learning over these summer months and beyond. 
 
We've had a lot of fun with the characters in Curiosityville so far, and I know will continue as we use our subscription more and more. Not only do I appreciate the educational aspect, but my favorite feature is that parents can actually monitor their child's progress and learn about their learning styles. It even gives parents real-time progress reports and expert advice! 
 
I have learned a lot from monitoring Kaelyn's progress. It's allowed me to see what she's interested in and has even given me ideas on things we can do together at home based on her learning. Curiosityville has been great and I'm excited to watch as Kaelyn learns more and more with it. It really cultivates creativity and I would definitely recommend it to all families with young children! 






2 comments
  1. Anonymous May 28, 2013 at 10:20 PM  

    ӏ don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

    Feel free to surf to my page crear facebook

  2. lisamercy May 31, 2013 at 9:07 AM  

    I will have to check this out. My 4 yr refuses to sit down and learn or write with me. Maybe this would make it fun. he's so stubborn.
    lisae819 at yahoo dot com

Post a Comment


09 10