Easy, Affordable and Super Cute Candy-Free Valentines

Posted by Jenna | Monday, February 11, 2013




Valentine's Day is just around the corner, can you believe it?! As hard as it is to believe that it's almost mid-February already...this special holiday will be here before we know it! Our daughter Kaelyn is especially excited this year, as she's in preschool and gets to hand out valentine's to her friends (not to mention getting to decorate a fun Valentine box for all her valentine's as well).


I talked with her and we decided it would be fun to do something besides candy. I remembered seeing a cute idea on Pinterest a couple of months ago and decided to go with that. Instead of candy, we went with bubbles (what child doesn't love bubbles, right?!). Not only is it a super cute idea, but affordable as well.

Kaelyn and I headed to target and picked up the bubbles (we paid $3 for a pack of 24!) and Baker's Twine ($1). We had the cardstock, double sided tape, etc. at home...so for $4 we had everything we needed to make Valentine's for her school friends and church friends. YAY!
 
You can visit here which is where I first came across the idea on Pinterest. You'll find great pics and instructions on how to make these. I appreciated having the template to print out, as that made it a piece of cake. My hubby and I helped her get them put together and I printed off a gift tag template I found online. She enjoyed signing her name to each one and helping me tie them to the bubbles.
 
Overall a very cute Valentine that she's super excited to share with her friends on Thursday!
How about you?! What are your little ones doing this year? We'd love to hear your idea, and if you have a link - be sure to share it so we can check it out too!



0 comments

Post a Comment


09 10