Family Dollar February Home Sale! ~ Review

Posted by Jenna | Wednesday, February 29, 2012




As many of you know, after two years of trying to sell our house...we finally did this past Fall. The timing couldn't have been more perfect, as we were able to buy our dream home just one day after closing on our old house! Over the months we've painted almost every room, and decorated to make this house our own. We still have lots of "projects" we'd like to do, but of course...they all cost money so we're taking it one room at a time. I'm always looking for great deals on home decor, which is why I'm thankful for stores like Family Dollar.

I knew that Family Dollar had a lot to offer, but it wasn't until recently was I aware just how much home decor they have. Usually when I'm looking for a picture to hang, candles or something along those lines...a dollar store isn't the first place that comes to mind when I'm ready to shop. However, Family Dollar has now changed that mindset.

Family Dollar gave me a challenge...to refresh a room in my house using featured Family Dollar items and then post about it to show you what I accomplished on a budget. I was sent a $25 Gift Card to do this.

When given this challenge, I knew just the room I wanted to "refresh". One of the current rooms in our home that I've been trying to work on re-decorating, is one of our main level bathrooms. The bathroom I'm referring to was adjacent to a hot tub room before we moved in (which we've now made a laundry room) and that's why the walls are wood. It definitely had a plain look to it when we moved in.

I had hung a shower curtain, but other than that, the budget hadn't really allowed me to do much else with all of the other updates and projects we've been doing.

When I went into Family Dollar, I was amazed with how many isles there are just dedicated to home decor. With everything from bathroom rugs and towels to clocks and wall decor...they really do have it all. I wasn't quite sure what to expect as far as quality goes...but having browsed around (and bought several items), I'm very impressed and will definitely be visiting there again!

Our bathroom was in desperate need of something to hang on the wall, as well as towels. As I searched the isles, I found the perfect piece of framed art that I thought would go perfectly with the shower curtain I already had. Again, I was very impressed with the quality. Family and friends who have seen it since can't believe that I got it from Family Dollar. It's very nice! And best of all, it was only $10!!

I also found the perfect color of towels and bought three bath towels and two hand towels that I purchased as well. The low prices were great, and I couldn't have been happier to find a coupon on top of it. On the Family Dollar home decor page, I found a $5 off $25 coupon for use on home items and used that along with my gift card. After everything was said and done, I got the framed art, three bath towels, and two hand towels all for just over $23! Can you believe that?! I was impressed with how much I go at such a low price!

When we got home, I hung the picture which gave the smaller and rather boring bathroom a whole new feel. I was thrilled how well it matched the other things I already had in the bathroom too. I also already had a clock I decided to hang too. The towels have also been great. We've used and washed them several times and I'm very happy with the quality. We are planning to buy more from Family Dollar the next time we're there.



After seeing the great selection of home decor at Family Dollar, and appreciating the quality of the items I purchased...we'll definitely be shopping there again. I can now continue to decorate rooms in my house with less money and stress. Family Dollar offers everyday low prices on all kinds of home decor items including framed art, lamps, blinds, bathroom accessories, and kitchenware...all with prices sure to fit within any budget., so there is no need to wait for a sale to stock up on essentials. I was able to create a great look in our bathroom for less, and for that I am grateful. If you're looking to refresh a room in your home, I would recommend checking out Family Dollar.

You can connect with Family Dollar on Twitter and Facebook.

**I was provided with a Family Dollar $25 Gift Card to take part in this challenge. All opinions are my own and were not influenced in any way.**



2 comments
  1. online-dating February 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM  

    great post

  2. Anonymous December 8, 2012 at 7:19 AM  

    Что же это такое обе мои девушки мне изменяют
    !!!

Post a Comment


09 10