It's not always easy to find television shows and movies that are appropriate for young children. That's why I'm thankful for VeggieTales and the wholesome, life long lessons their episodes teach my kids.
Like many households with young children, our family is very familiar with VeggieTales. That's why we were thrilled to learn we were going to have the opportunity to review the VeggieTales Princess and the Pop Star DVD which released August 13th.
Princess Poppyseed's life on her family's far is far from the glamorous but lonely world of her favorite pop singer Vanna Banana. On a chance meeting at a playground. Vanna and Princess cross paths and discover they look almost exactly alike - which leads to a crazy secret plan where they decide to switch lives! As each girl realizes that the life they longed for doesn't fulfill all their dreams, they learn the life God gave them is the one for which they were uniquely and lovingly designed.
As always, my kids loved this VeggieTales story. The Princess and the Pop Star may seem more geared toward girls, but both my kids enjoyed it the same. It's fully of energy, family-friendly catchy music, and best of all...a wonderful, valuable lesson on being yourself. It helps viewers understand that each of us are created unique and special with God-given talents and to be happy with who we are.
There are also several bonus features that we've enjoyed as well. They include:
- Audio Commentary
- Princess Poppyseed's points for being uniquely you!
- Behind the music with Francesca Battistelli, Mike Nawrocki and friends
- Astonishing Wigs singalong
Buy It: You can purchase the VeggieTales Princess and the Pop Star DVD for $14.99.
Win It: One lucky reader is going to win a VeggieTales Princess and the Pop Star DVD of their own!
1. 1 extra entry - Like VeggieTales on Facebook
2. 1 extra entry - Follow VeggieTales on Twitter
3. 1 extra entry - Sign up for the VeggieTales Email Newsletter
4. 3 extra entries- Blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and VeggieTales) and leave THREE comments with the URL to that post.
5. 1 extra entry- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for one extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
6. 3 extra entries- Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
7. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom's Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
8. 2 extra entries- 'Like' A Mom's Balancing Act on Facebook
9. 2 extra entries- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
10. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)....ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
11. 1 extra entry- Share about this giveaway on your Facebook status by including a link back to this giveaway (you can do this once a day, for an extra entry every day).