For those who read here often, you know that Summer is my favorite time of year! Once it's here, you're sure to find our family outside enjoying the nice weather as much as possible. We've been able to enjoy so many fun walks and trips to the park. And, although Kaden usually rides in the stroller for outings like this, Kaelyn enjoys walking or riding a bike. That's why I was excited to learn more about Prince Lionheart's Whirl balanceSCOOTER!
A family-owned and operated business since 1973, Prince Lionheart operates upon three core beliefs from which they were founded...quality, innovation and outstanding service. Although times have changed over the years...their commitment to these core beliefs remain the same. Offering everything from feeding and nursery items to safety, play and more...it's no wonder that they are a name parents have grown to know and trust.
Prince Lionheart is offers quality, innovative products and is committed to providing parents with great baby and children's gear. I have enjoyed learning more about who they are as a company, and couldn't have been more excited to learn I had been selected to be a part of their Elite Writers Group for 2011.
We were sent the Prince Lionheart Whirl balanceSCOOTER to review.
- Teaches young children balance, coordination and steering
- Solid rubber handgrips
- 12 inch rubber tires
- Height adjustable, padded seat
- Eco-friendly, 100% birch frame from an FSC certified forest
- For ages 2-5 years
Upon pulling it out, I found everything I needed to put it together. I was happy to see that there was very little assembly. In just a few short steps (and less than 10 minutes!), I had the Whirl balanceSCOOTER put together and ready to use.
Once I saw it assembled, I was really impressed with the quality. The 100% birch frame is extremely durable and something I don't have to worry about breaking. This bike seems very well made and I know it's something that will last a long time.
I also liked the little details that make this scooter unique. The pink is definitely one of favorite parts, and I like the design and the overall appearance of the bike. It's fun and definitely appealing to both of my kids.
Of course, once Kaelyn saw it all put together, she couldn't wait to test it out. We took it outside and she hopped on. It is the perfect size for her.
Best of all, the seat is height adjustable so it will grow with her as well. The seat is also padded and seems more cushy than I expected it to be. Kaelyn has commented on how comfortable it is!
Kaelyn has been enjoying her new Whirl balanceSCOOTER. I like that she's loving it and that it's also teaching her how to balance and steer at the same time. These skills will be crucial when it comes time to transition to a two-wheeled pedal bike. It's fun to watch her sense of independence and self-confidence grow each time she gets on the scooter. She is currently at the "walking" stage when she's on the bike...getting used to it and learning to balance better. But, with time...she'll be gliding. I can't wait to watch as her confidence grows even more.
Overall we've been very happy with Prince Lionheart's Whirl balanceSCOOTER! The quality is fantastic, the skills it teaches are great, and best of all...Kaelyn absolutely loves it!
Buy It: You can purchase the Whirl balanceSCOOTER at Toys R' Us for $99.99.
Win It: One very lucky reader will win a Whirl balanceSCOOTER of their own!
Extra Entries: (Only valid after the mandatory entry has been completed. Leave 1 comment for each extra entry)
1. 1 extra entry- Like Prince Lionheart on Facebook
2. 1 extra entry- Follow Prince Lionheart on Twitter
3. 3 extra entries- Blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Prince Lionheart) and leave THREE comments with the URL to that post.
4. 1 extra entry- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for one extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
6. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom's Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
7. 2 extra entries- 'Like' A Mom's Balancing Act on Facebook
8. 2 extra entries- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
9. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)....ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
10. 1 extra entry- Share about this giveaway on your Facebook status by including a link back to this giveaway (you can do this once a day, for an extra entry every day).