I am a Pull-Ups First Flush Ambassador! #CelebrateFirstFlush

Posted by Jenna | Thursday, February 27, 2014




**I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Pull-Ups. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.


With three young children I have experienced the potty training process first-hand. With my first two I was eager to get them potty trained and out of diapers as soon as I could (especially with a new baby on the way each time). With my third though (who is likely our last child), it was a little harder for me to get excited and feel motivated. Afterall, once he's out of diapers for good...he's officially a big boy, right?! 

As bittersweet as it may be, I knew that it was time to start potty training him when he began telling us he had wet his diaper, or was about to. Thankfully, potty training has always gone fairly smoothly for us, even though each child has been different. 

I have taken lessons I've learned from each time though, and have applied them to this time around as well. For instance, with my daughter, I learned that once we started training, it was important to focus primarily on daytime potty training and hold off on night-time training. With my son, I learned that making it exciting each time he went was very important too, so having some sort of cheer or "potty dance" helped encourage him a lot!

Potty training can be emotional and difficult for both parents and children. However, it's also a very exciting time and one to celebrate (even when it's your last baby)! As we celebrate many milestones in the lives of our children...their first smile, their first words, their first step - Pull-Ups wants us to also Celebrate the First Flush and I agree! They want us to encourage our kids as they begin and continue their potty training journeys.

I agree with it being a time to celebrate! There's nothing better than seeing my kids smile from ear to ear, so proud of learning to do something new like using the potty! It takes work, but is definitely worth the effort in the end!

I'm excited to announce that I am a Pull-Ups First Flush Ambassador. I will be sharing a number of posts with you as we continue our potty training process with Caysen using Pull-Ups.

One of the things I love about Pull-Ups training pants, are that they are made for toddlers who are ready for potty training. One of the hardest things I've faced during potty training, is that when I would have to put my kids in diapers (when we leave the house), they've been more likely to go potty in them because that's what they've always done. Pull-Ups training pants on the other hand, look and fit more like underwear which I'm hoping will make Caysen not want to go in the pull-up (this will be especially helpful at night). This also helps in the transition from diapers to underwear!

Are you getting ready to start, or are currently in the middle of the potty training process? If so, there are a number of different tools and resources available on the Big Kid Academy via the Pull-Ups website, Facebook page and Twitter page that make it easy to start potty training and celebrate milestones.

As I mentioned, I have found that showing excitement has always helped a lot! Having a potty dance is a lot of fun, and I love that the Pull-Ups website actually has Dance Party theme songs, lessons and downloads! How fun! This and other resources are something I wish I would have had in the beginning of my potty training journey with all three of my kids and look forward to checking out more! 

Rewards and incentives also seem to help a lot, so I was happy to find some great tips on the Pull-Ups website about that as well!

I think Pull-Ups Training Pants will make the rest of our potty training journey with Caysen fun and easy and I'm excited to share our experience with you. Stay tuned...



1 comments
  1. rj7777 February 28, 2014 at 9:40 PM  

    Congratulations my dear!! I am glad you have got to be an ambassador. I am proud of you!! Rita Spratlen
    woo! Hoo!!!!

Post a Comment


09 10