**I was provided an assortment of Hodgson Mill pasta to facilitate this review/recipe. All opinions are my own.
Summer not only means more time spent outdoors enjoying the beautiful weather, but also delicious dishes and sides. I try to limit the amount of heavy, processed foods and find healthier options for my family. That's why I was excited when introduced to Whole Wheat pasta from Hodgson Mill.
To get the word out about their 100% natural, certified non-GMO pasta, Hodgson Mill not only sent me a variety of their delicious pastas to try out, but asked if I'd like to enter their Summer Pastabilities Pasta Salad Recipe Contest!
I love a good pasta salad, especially this time of year! As a busy mom of three, I like to find simple recipes that my whole family will enjoys for meals and sides. That's why, once the Hodgson Mill pasta arrived, I got started making the following recipe. It offers variety, color and a little something for everyone!
Mixed Veggie Summer Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 Box of Hodgson Mill Bow Tie Pasta - cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 C Broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 C Cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 C Carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 C Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 T Green onion, diced
- 1/4 C mild cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 T Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 1/2 C Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 C Lemon juice
- 2 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
1) Bring pasta to a boil in large pan and cook for 7-9 minutes, then drain (mix with a Tbsp of olive oil to keep from sticking together) and cool
2) While pasta is cooking, mix dressing ingredients in a bowl with a tight fighting lid. Shake and mix well, put in refrigerator to cool.
3) While pasta and dressing are cooling, cut up the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cherries, green onion and cheese on a cutting board with sharpened knife.
4) Once the pasta is cooled (after approximately 15 minutes/once all of the veggies and cheese are cut), toss the pasta, vegetables, cheese and sunflower seeds together in a large bowl.
5) Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Just before, shake up the dressing mixture and toss 3/4 C. with the pasta salad. Reserve the rest for those who would like to add more.
Preparation Time: Approximately 25 min
Serves 14 (1/2 C/serving)
We have really enjoyed this summer pasta recipe. I love the colors, the delicious flavor and the healthy veggies mixed in. My kids even love it! It's the perfect side to a grilled burger, or a flavorful dish for lunch. YUM!
Win It: Hodgson Mill is giving a Hodgson Mill pasta prize pack (valued at $25!) to one lucky reader!
a Rafflecopter giveaway