Remington i-LIGHT Pro Hair Removal System #iLIGHTPro

Posted by Jenna | Monday, June 03, 2013



*I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Remington. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and as a thank you for participating.

Summer is one of my favorite times of year. It means the kids are out of school and we get to spend some much needed time playing outside and enjoying the sunshine. Of course, along with warmer weather also comes many days wearing shorts and swimsuits. Yay for warmer weather...boo for more shaving! 

 
During the winter months I find that I don't have to shave nearly as much, but when I'm wearing shorts and swimsuits all summer long...well that's another story. Like many women, I dislike shaving. I hardly have time to shower once a day, let alone take time to shave too! Needless to say, it doesn't get done nearly as often as I would like it too. 



I know there are different hair removal options like razors, waxing and laser hair treatments out there...but I don't have the time, money, or pain tolerance to upkeep smooth, silky legs with these. That's why I was thrilled to learn more about the Remington i-LIGHT Pro
Did you know that technology has advanced to the point where you can use a light to safely get rid of unwanted hair in the privacy of your own home?! How great is that?! Remington has proudly introduced their innovative hair removal system, iLIGHT Pro, to help remove and reduce growth of unwanted hair on arms, legs, bikini line, underarms, stomach and chest.

I for one would love a way to make hair removal easier, cheaper and less frequent...which is why I was thrilled to learn about this product. And, when Mom Central Consulting asked me if I'd like to participate in a 6-week test program, I jumped at the chance.

So what is it, you ask?! The i-LIGHT Pro is an Intense Pulse Light (IPL) device that doesn't cut, burn or pull out hair, but instead works below the skin's surface to disable active hairs and prevent new ones from growing. It features exclusive ProPulse technology with the highest flash rate for speedy hair removal, most often lasting up to six months!
Light energy is generated by a Xenon flash lamp and applied to the skin by the handheld device. The light then targets the pigment in hair follicles, gently heating and disrupting the growth cycle. Unwanted rays are safely filtered out so that only light within the desired therapeutic range is allowed to pass through to protect the skin! Once treated, hair will begin to fall out within a few weeks of the initial treatment and results should improve over time. 

To use, simply shave, test the desired area, and flash-away unwanted hair with the controlled pulse technology. I have only been using this a short time, and so far am surprised how easy it is. There are times it does feel like a light snap of a rubberband, but overall, is gentle and painless.

It is important to note that the i-LIGHT Pro isn't for everyone, so it's important to read more about it before purchasing. For instance, it works best on medium to darker hair colors and will not work on light colored hair like white and grey (and less-effective on blonde and red colors) It is also not to be used on dark skin or over tattoos. Of course, there is more helpful information regarding contraindications and warnings in the Use and Care Guide also.

For those who do use it, a person is supposed to see results and visibly smoother skin within just a few weeks of starting treatments (doing treatments once every two weeks for the first three treatments) so I'm excited to continue and see my results! With the goal of permanent reduction of hair, I am hoping that this is the answer I've been looking for! I was feeling like I had to shave almost every day, so I'm very excited to hopefully reduce that and make hair removal easier and faster! After all, mom's have enough to balance and it's wonderful to find products that make our routine a little easier all while making us look great too :). 

With summer approaching quickly, what better time to stop worrying about your leg, underarm and bikini hair?! Stay tuned, as I'll be sharing more with you in a couple of weeks about my use of the Remington i-LIGHT Pro hair removal system and the results!! 



2 comments
  1. Debi Mazar June 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM  

    I absolutely love this device! I just completed my second treatment cycle yesterday but I will say that after one treatment I had definitely noticed less growth. Of course, I have only used it in spot areas that I normally trim. The i-Light is extremely easy to use and quite painless although I only used it on the lowest setting. I do think that it's important to shave or trim as close as possible because it seems more painful if the area has more hair.
    Anyways, That white lady nighty dress looks nice:)

    Debi
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/adidas-golf/index.htm

  2. Anonymous January 20, 2014 at 3:24 PM  

    Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog?
    My blog is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my users would definitely benefit from a lot of the information you
    provide here. Please let me know if this okay with you.
    Thank you!

    Also visit my homepage; http://keithcollins.com.au/; ,

Post a Comment


09 10