Whole Wheat Pancakes with Maple Yogurt Dipping Sauce

Posted by Unknown | Sunday, March 17, 2013



You should never buy pancake mix again.

I'm serious.

I'm 26 and I just learned how easy and cost-effective it is to make your own.  Plus it's more healthy because it has less sugar and no preservatives.

With my little one, it's also fun to cut the pancakes into sticks so we can dip it into maple yogurt dipping sauce.

Maple yogurt dipping sauce is a great way to cut back on sugar intake and add some protein to your pancake breakfast.  Plus, real maple syrup can be expensive, so mixing it into yogurt cuts way back on the normal amount you'd use on a plate of pancakes.  
k

Whole Wheat Pancake Recipe - 7 simple ingredients
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted

*mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls, then combine

Makes 8 servings 

k
Maple Yogurt Dipping Sauce

plain whole milk yogurt
real maple syrup

*Mix to taste.  You don't need much syrup to sweeten the yogurt.

**TIP: This dipping sauce is also a great, healthy dipping sauce for fruit if your kiddos are into dipping.  Try dipping apples, bananas or berries!  Set up a few different things and introduce your kids to a fruit and yogurt fondue experience!



8 comments
  1. rj7777 March 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM  

    Actually this does sound good and pretty easy too!! I am going to have to try this!! Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

  2. Amy Green March 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM  

    I have substituted many of my fave foods with whole wheat substitutes, and it's worked out a lot better for me.

  3. BrunoDogg2 March 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM  

    My son loves pancakes and I make them from the big bag where you just add water so I have been looking for a more healthy easy recipe and this one looks great! Thank you :)

  4. free baby samples March 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM  

    Looking like a wonderful treat to have.I love such spicy food,Whole wheat is always healthy.

  5. Janet W. April 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM  

    What a great recipe! So glad you shared it and I can't wait to make it!

  6. lap dat camera August 13, 2013 at 8:41 AM  

    Looking like a wonderful treat to have.I love such spicy food,Whole wheat is always healthy.
    dau phat hd

  7. Anonymous August 7, 2014 at 3:00 AM  

    My son loves pancakes and I make them from the big bag where you just add water
    bao moi

  8. Anonymous August 7, 2014 at 4:42 AM  

    Meanwhile, Messi to stick to the messy outside pitch is typically in the M88 case of tax evasion last year. Although M10 has spent 5 million to pay for the tax authorities but recently a judge in Catalan has said he will continue to star in court by M88 Barca striker is showing signs of any set of financial accounts in Uruguay and Argentina intelligent. Of course, Messi can not play if mindedly always could not help worrying the m88
    penalty of law enforcement agencies of Spain.

Post a Comment


09 10