I've been enjoying sharing some of the kids activities and projects I do with my kiddos each week. Feel free to comment with a link to fun activities you're sharing on your blogs (or even if you don't have a blog) as well! We'd love to check them out. :)

The following is an activity I found on Pinterest via The Hippie Housewife a while back and knew I had to try it with my kids. Kaelyn and Kaden LOVE to finger paint, but there are times when the mess is something I don't want to deal with. Thankfully for those days, this activity is a lot of fun and mess-free!

What you will need:

  • a gallon size Ziploc bag for each child
  • painters tape
  • finger paint
  • white paper
I got out a few colors of paint and asked each of the kids which colors they wanted to paint with. I then squirted a little of each one into the bag and sealed it (making sure the air was out). I then placed a piece of white paper under each Ziploc bag and taped them to the counter like this:
The white piece of paper makes it easy for the kids to see the colors and what they're "painting". I knew they'd have fun, but didn't realize how much they'd LOVE this activity! They enjoyed the sensory experience, as well as being able to mix the colors and see what color they made.
Kaelyn enjoyed using it to write letters and shapes with her fingers as well. It's great for practicing her letters, numbers, words, etc!

I am thrilled with how well the kids like this activity, how educational it turned out to be, and how easy it is to set up and take down with no mess. It's definitely something we'll be doing again and again!

Pin It



5 comments
  1. Anonymous February 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM  

    Thanks for sharing this Jenna! What a great idea, especially since I HATE messes...this is perfect! I certainly will be doing this soon.

  2. KVM Switches March 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM  

    You will be sharing great activities for kids. Your kids are enjoying activities lot of fun and feel free.

  3. Tanya M February 25, 2013 at 8:15 PM  

    That's a great idea! Thank you for sharing it! Will try it with my daughter tomorrow.

  4. Anonymous October 22, 2013 at 6:50 PM  

    This is a great idea and would really cut down on the mess. I love finger painting.
    heather hgtempaddy@hotmail.com

  5. RedCaboose December 7, 2013 at 5:43 PM  

    Thanks SO much for sharing these Jenna!
    I hope you keep doing this! These are clever hints and I certainly PIN each I see!

Post a Comment


09 10