Delicious & Easy Pot Roast ~ Crock Pot Recipe

Posted by Jenna | Thursday, February 09, 2012



As a busy mom of three young children, finding the time to make a big meal for supper each night is not always an easy task. I am always looking for easy to prepare meals, that are still delicious and something everyone will like. That's why I love my crockpot! I can throw ingredients in and by suppertime we have a delicious meal!

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I plan on sharing some of the easy recipes I make, and hope you'll share yours in the comments section below. I'm always looking for more recipes, especially crockpot recipes!

My husband loves meat and potato type meals, as do I. We both love a good pot roast, and I appreciate how easy it is to make! I have always made my pot roast in the crockpot, using water and a packet of Onion Soup. Although this has always turned out very good, my hubby and I were ready to try something new. About a month ago, I had been coming across several recipes calling for soda as a substitute for water and thought we'd give it a try.

Ingredients:

  • 1 pot roast (we've used different types of roast, most recently a sirloin tip roast)
  • 1 packet of Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix
  • 1 can of Dr. Pepper (or any soda you prefer to try)
Directions:

1. Place roast in crock pot
2. Pour packet of onion soup mix and soda over roast
3. Cook on low for 8-9 hours or High for 2 hrs/Low for 6 hrs

I didn't have a can of Dr. Pepper, so I used about 1/2 of a 20 oz bottle of Dr. Pepper instead. It made a nice amount of gravy.

Every time we have this recipe, everyone loves it! The roast is so tender and just falls apart....it's delicious! We serve it with mashed potatoes and the soda gives both the meat and the gravy such great flavor! We have tried root beer in the past as well, however it was too sweet for our liking. The Dr. Pepper has been our favorite by far!

This is such an easy recipe and one everyone enjoys!! As I said, feel free to leave a link or recipe in the comments section below and share some of your favorite recipes with us as well.

Pin It



24 comments
  1. Anonymous February 17, 2012 at 12:38 AM  

    Mmm...sounds delish!

  2. Corporate events February 27, 2012 at 5:43 AM  

    One of the best information about the recipes of crockpot that help readers. Really appreciate with the way the information is managed on the blog

  3. Connie Gruning October 6, 2012 at 12:02 AM  

    This sounds delicious!! I've put everything on the shopping list. Thank you for sharing!

    Connie

  4. Anonymous February 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM  

    How about using 7-up instead of the darker sodas, would that work?

  5. Salleefur/Jesselyn/Jesster February 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM  

    We finally got a Crock-Pot for Christmas - but haven't really used it yet. I confess to be oddly intimidated... (you know like an old dog trying to learn a new trick...

    But it it's cold out and SNOWING again... so I've taken a roast out of the freezer and I'm going to bite the bullet and baptize our new slow cooker with THIS recipe. Keep your fingers crossed and I'll let you know how it goes!

    Jesselyn A/Jesstinger
    jessterlyn(at)aol(dot)com

  6. Priscilla S. March 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM  

    The Dr. Pepper caught my eye because it's my favorite soda. I must try this recipe!

  7. Shelly Peterson April 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM  

    I'm always lookin for a good crockpot recipe. I have not made a roast in mine yet. This recipe sounds good and easy to make and I love diet dr. pepper. I will have to try this :)

  8. Denise Taylor-Dennis July 7, 2013 at 7:22 PM  

    This sounds perfect for the summer when you don't want to heat up your kitchen. Dr. Pepper is one of my favorite sodas.

  9. Sports bars in Singapore August 21, 2013 at 4:13 AM  

    This is good to be here i appreciate your work it's really great thanks for this interesting site.Its really very best and useful site for all,I am using it from a long time,I really got many information from this site.

  10. Alfresco Bars in Singapore August 26, 2013 at 6:03 AM  

    This article has good title with good description.I’ve been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this website. Thanks, I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your web site?

  11. Anonymous September 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM  

    I made this Friday and it was great! Super flavor!

  12. Anonymous September 14, 2013 at 12:48 AM  

    Can you go ahead and throw your meat and veggies together?

  13. jerseygirl137 October 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM  

    Thank you I will have to try this recipe. When I make a pot roast in the crockpot I always use Liptons french onion soup too but with just water.

  14. Jenna November 13, 2013 at 7:35 PM  

    Yes, I've made it with my meat and veggies together. If you add a can of cream of chicken soup it thickens it up some and is just as delicious. Yum!

  15. lisagee1234 December 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM  

    This is a good recipe Id like to try and will encourage me to get me my own crockpot slow cooker.

  16. Anonymous December 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM  

    素晴らしい 高級 報酬 の 愛する 人、あるいは あなたの自己 ! 誰も 事実上 誰も 中 で。このバンドゥ
    デザイン タンキニ ジューシークチュールによってはイキイキとした 甘い。 哲学 運転 マーク ・ ジェイコブスは ので 何 いた 適用 を行うに 説明 時間 !
    マーク ジェイコブス スプラッシュが 簡単 と 詳細 楽しい香り。 。ロバーツ 取得
    いくつか だけ 2 つの eBay からのブーツのペア ヶ月
    自体。

    my web blog: ハンドバッグ

  17. Unknown January 6, 2014 at 9:57 PM  

    I couldn't find the soup. What else would you suggest?

  18. Anonymous January 19, 2014 at 10:15 AM  

    I'm making it right now! I'm going to put this recipe to the ultimate test...... my boyfriend!! Will share the out come later!

  19. rj7777 May 3, 2014 at 7:48 PM  

    I have never tried Doctor pepper but I will next time. I love stew. Yum is all I have to say!!

  20. jim May 19, 2014 at 1:21 AM  

    If your personal possessions include high-value items like jewelry, artwork or significant amounts of cash, you can’t assume that their existence is secret. Protect yourself and your valuables by educating yourself on home security.
    www.hotel-sana-spa.net |

    www.independent-people.net |

    www.zebrastripecontrasters.net |

    www.butgem-programcilik-egitimi.com |

    www.commotionsickness.com |

    www.cottageonmobilestreet.com |

    www.motherfriendlytexas.com |

    www.sinkorswimphiladelphia.com |

    www.dallas-paragliding.com |

    www.jukasastudiosofficialsite.com |

  21. jim May 26, 2014 at 5:47 AM  

    Cats are one of the most popular and companions. Those that haven’t owned a cat before should read the following article. Continue reading for some advice on how to raise a cat.
    www.sendacardhome.com |

    www.7thhome.com |

    www.luxuryhomestogo.com |

    www.myhavenhomes.com |

    www.hailhomerepair.com |

    www.mysincityhomes.com |

    www.freehomedeposit.com |

    www.freestonehomes.com |

    www.hometownpenske.com |

    www.homerunlotto.com |

  22. Anonymous August 23, 2014 at 11:13 PM  

    How big of a roast did you use?

  23. Janell September 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM  

    I have used just a can of Dr. Pepper plus a little salt on pepper on our beef roasts and they turn out awesome. Also I've used a can of Dr. Pepper over our ham when I've baked it and it's turned out to be the most juicy and flavorful ham ever!

  24. Janell September 30, 2014 at 12:48 PM  

    You asked for other easy crock pot recipes so here's one our family enjoys. Layer bone-in chicken with Italian dressing and parmesan cheese in the crock pot and keep repeating until crock pot is full. Cook on low for 6 hours. Sorry, I don't measure I just add until I think it looks like enough liquid :-)

Post a Comment


09 10