Winter means fun in the snow, but also means bitter cold weather and a lot of time spent indoors as well. As a stay at home mom, it's times like this that I'm always trying to come up with fun, educational activities the kids and I can do together. That's why I love Learning Resources.
The leading manufacturer of innovative, hands-on educational materials for classrooms and learning toys for the home, Learning Resources has been a trusted source for educators and parents for more than 25 years! With a diverse product line of over 1300 products focusing on everything from mathematics, science, early childhood, reading, etc...it's no wonder Learning Resources is a name known around the world.
Over the past few months you've heard me talk a lot about Learning Resources. As a former preschool teacher and now a mom of young children, they are a company I've come to appreciate over the years. I love that they are dedicated to developing quality educational products...the kinds that build a foundation of skills through imagination and fun. I have had the opportunity to review several of their products and couldn't have been happier to learn that one was going to be the Peek-A-Boo Color Muffins.
- Reinforces color recognition, matching and fine motor skills
- Encourages imaginative play, peek-a-boo play and fine motor practice
- Includes 5 durable plastic 3 piece muffins that store in rotating stand
- Stand measures 4.5"H x 7" in diameter
- Recommended for ages 2+
My first impression as I looked at the box was how many bright colors there were. Kaden and I have been working on our colors and I had a feeling this would be something he and Kaelyn would both really like. I was right!
We took the pieces out of the box and found everything we needed to get started. The set includes 5 durable plastic 3 piece muffins that store in a rotating stand.
I love that this can be used in so many ways...giving lots of opportunity for creative play and active learning! Both Kaelyn and Kaden really enjoy matching the correct color of fruit with the same color muffin. As we do this, we can work on color recognition which is great.
The kids also like to use the muffins on the rotating stand for pretend play as well. They both love to "cook" in their kitchen and having these new muffins to share with friends and family when they visit has been a lot of fun for everyone.
Aside from matching, working on our colors and being creative through pretend play...this toy also helps with those fine motor skills. Popping the muffin tops on and off, as well as placing the fruit inside each one helps strengthen little fingers and refines motor skills.
As I mentioned, there's also a rotating stand. It's fun for play, but is also perfect for keeping the muffins organized when the kids aren't playing with them. Having a great place to keep everything together is much appreciated.
We've really had a lot of fun with the Peek-A-Boo Color Muffins. I love how simple and open-ended this toy is. It's perfect for both Kaelyn and Kaden, and given the quality Learning Resources is known for...I know it's something that will last and be something Caysen can enjoy someday too.
If you're looking for educational activities and toys for the children in your life, I'd definitely recommend this and other products from Learning Resources.
Buy It: You can purchase the Peek-A-Boo Color Muffins for $17.99.
Win It: One very lucky reader is going to win a Peek-A-Boo Color Muffins set of their own!
1. 1 extra entry- Like Learning Resources on Facebook
2. 1 extra entry- Follow Learning Resources on Twitter
3. 1 extra entry - Subscribe to the Learning Resources You Tube page
4. 1 extra entry - Following the Learning Resources Blog on Google Friend Connect
5. 3 extra entries- Blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Learning Resources) and leave THREE comments with the URL to that post.
6. 1 extra entry- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for one extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
8. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom's Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
9. 2 extra entries- 'Like' A Mom's Balancing Act on Facebook
10. 2 extra entries- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect