Game Time: Tackling the Past ~ Premieres September 3 at 8/7c on NBC

Posted by Jenna | Friday, September 02, 2011



I enjoy the fact that P&G and Walmart have teamed up to bring back uplifting wholesome, content-appropriate movies for families to enjoy. Family movie nights are something my family and I truly enjoy, which is why I appreciate their family movie night films like Secrets of the Mountain, Truth Be Told, etc. One of my favorites was their most recent, Who is Simon Miller?. After the great success of that film, I was really happy to hear that Walmart & P&G are continuing their commitment to deliver quality family entertainment with their latest movie, Game Time: Tackling the Past which premieres tomorrow, September 3 at 8/7c on NBC.

Pro football star Jake Walker is just one season away from setting an all-time receiving record that will guarantee him a spot in the Hall of Fame. But when he gets news that his father has suffered a serious heart attack, Jake leaves training camp and returns to Riverton, the small hometown he's avoided for nearly 15 years. Past memories of glory and regret resurface as Jake is forced to reconnect with the family and community he abandoned in pursuit of his career. A call from his agent delivers another crushing blow - Jake's contract will not be renewed. Stripped from the thing he cares about most, the real Jake begins to emerge from behind his armor to see that life proves more than the accumulation of personal stats. But when he's offered a lucrative new contract with another team, he must decide whether to go back to the career he thought he loved, or stay in Riverton and embrace the people who have always been there for him.

Thanks to Mom Central, I was given the opportunity to view the movie ahead of time. After reading the movie plot, I had a feeling this is one our whole family would enjoy...I was right! With Football season here, we are always looking for a great movie...especially when it's one our kids can watch with us and has a great message for everyone to take away. I love that it conveys the importance of teamwork and also the importance of family.


I will admit, it was different than I expected...in a good way. Many football movies seem to mainly be about the game and winning. Although this was obviously about football and teamwork, it also included a storyline about a pro football player, his family and the personal issues he had to think about and make the right choices. I really enjoyed the storyline and of course, the football! I'm looking forward to sitting down tomorrow night and watching it with my family.

If you enjoy family movie nights, you will want to be sure to check out Game Time: Tackling the Past tomorrow, 8/7c on NBC!

You can connect with Family Movie Night on Facebook too!

I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of P&G and received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.



2 comments
  1. Unknown September 9, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

    I'm a new follower from Double Duty Divas. Hope you can stop by www.mamasmusingsblog.blogspot.com

  2. beauty September 18, 2011 at 3:28 PM  

    The blog contains informational and educational material. The post enhance my thoughts and experience. So nice!
    I've got to scramble to keep up with your prodigious output!

Post a Comment


09 10