When Kaelyn got to an age where she was able to help more around the house, I made a chore chart for her. Unfortunately, the idea was much better in my head than it was on paper. It was large, and no matter where we put it, little brother wanted to grab it and tear it down. We have been in need of a better solution, which is why I was happy when introduced to Goalforit.com!

An excellent online resource that provides quick and easy solutions for the whole family, Goalforit.com helps to bring more focus, balance and fulfillment into everyday living. As I browsed their website, I was especially interested in their Chore Charts and Behavior Charts, as these are great way to help children of all ages learn essential skills in a fun and rewarding way.

Aside from the convenience Goalforit.com offers, I love that it's free to use. There aren't many FREE resources available to parents, so this is something I greatly appreciate!

To get started, I simply had to set up an account. From there, I navigated the extremely user friendly website and created the solutions that were best for our family...number one being a chore chart for Kaelyn.

Creating a Chore Chart couldn't have been easier. I was very impressed with how simple it was to do. I gave the chart a title (Kaelyn), chose how I'd like it to be laid out (daily, monthly, etc) and also got to add in a fun background that would make it even more appealing to her. Being the girly girl that she is, I went with the fun pink hearts and she loves it!


I was also able to go through a list of chores available, and add in any that weren't already there.

Once it was finished, Kaelyn and I were able to get online each day and chart the chores she did. I love that there are kid-friendly 'stickers' to use for each day and at the end of the week...a special result sticker letting her know how she's doing!

The fact that she is made a part of the process is what has made this really fun for her. Kaelyn enjoys doing her chores now more than ever. In fact, if I forget, she's the one to remind me when we need to check her chore chart. Her favorite part is clicking the stickers and of course, the final result which gives her a positive message... ex. "You did it!", "Fantastic", etc.

Both the Chore Charts and Behavior Charts help to teach important lessons, like:

  • Responsibility; A Chore Chart is an ideal way to help your kids feel like they are making a contribution to their family by doing their part around the house.
  • Understanding right from wrong; Setting behavior goals is an important way to help children strengthen their character and judgment.
  • Healthy Habits; Teaching good habits involving nutrition and physical activity are the cornerstone of prevent obesity in children and adolescents.
  • Money Matters; The optional point system teaches children three important lessons for managing money; earning, spending and saving.
As I said, I couldn't have been happier with how easy and fast it was to set up a chore chart and keep track of it with Kaelyn. We have not used the Behavior Chart yet, but I also think this is a fantastic idea for kids of all ages.

As I browsed around the site, learning more about all that they have to offer...I found the My Lists section. For those who have been reading here for a while now, you know that my goal for 2011 is to become more organized. When it comes to organization, lists are key for me. I've used this feature for so many things...including groceries. As I think of things we need, I simply add it to my list. It's incredibly easy and quick.



I would highly recommend checking out Goalforit.com to any family with children. It's FREE, and so easy to use. It will not only help bring more focus, balance and fulfillment into everyday living, but also helps kids learn essential skills in a fun and rewarding way.

**I was compensated for this review, however all opinions are my own and were not influenced in any way.**



3 comments
  1. Anonymous June 21, 2014 at 9:28 AM  

    When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now
    each time a comment is added I get three emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Appreciate it!

    Here is my blog post ... avoir Skin Renewal (licensedproducerreview.com)

  2. Unknown December 22, 2016 at 1:24 AM  
  3. jasonbob December 16, 2020 at 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment


09 10