When Kaelyn began eating solid foods, I knew I wanted to give making my own baby food a try. I absolutely loved how easy it was, the fact that it saved us money...and best of all, the peace of mind it gave me knowing what was going into her food and that it was as healthy for her as possible. When it came time for Kaden to start solids, I did the same for him as well...and continue to do so to this day.

Kaden is getting to the point where he eats more finger foods than pureed foods, however, I do still like to prepare and freeze some of his fruits and veggies ahead of time and really enjoy making homemade applesauce for both the kids on a regular basis. So, you can imagine my excitement when I learned that we were going to have the opportunity to review Annabel Karmel's Food Making Accessories as part of the third phase of the Infantino Test Drive Program through Mom Central!!

The package included:

  • Fresh Food Mill
  • Frozen Tray
  • Fill & Freeze Puree Pops
  • Double Decker Meal Box
  • 6 Stackable Meal Pots
  • Mash & Serve Bowl
  • Steam Release Micro Bowl
When the products arrived I couldn't wait to test them out. So far we've gotten a lot of use out of the Fresh Food Mill, Freeze Tray, and Fill & Freeze Puree Pops ... all of which are Dishwasher Safe and BPA Free, two things that are very much appreciated around this household!

When I first saw the Fresh Food Mill, I could tell it was great quality...however, I wasn't sure how I'd like mixing Kaden's baby food by hand (rather than with a food processor). Having used it now though, I have found it to be a great alternative to using other mixing devices. Not only is it super easy to use and less messy, but I have also found that it's easier to get the consistency to where I want it.

The Fresh Food Mill is ideal for making smooth fruit or vegetable purees. I have tried several things, including the homemade applesauce I make for the kids. By simply placing the soft apples in the food mill and rotating the handle clockwise...we have yummy applesauce in no time! It couldn't be easier!

It is also great for pureeing foods like potato, as pureeing in a blender breaks down the starches and produces a sticky texture.

Whenever I make applesauce, I always make more than enough so we have plenty to freeze. I have found the Freeze Tray to be the perfect way to do this! When it comes to making homemade baby food, preparing and freezing it is the only way to go! It allows you to freeze and store freshly prepared baby food in batches so you only need to cook several times a month.

This small Food Cube Tray is perfect for freezing small portions of baby food. It includes nine 1 oz. food cubes in meal portion size perfect for babies. It's been great for applesauce, as well as other foods I make for Kaden. I really love the square size, as it fits in our very crowded freezer very well. The lid is also nice, as it helps to keep the food fresh. I know we will get a lot more use out of this and can see us purchasing more of these trays in the future!

One of my favorite products out of those we received (and the kids' favorite!) would definitely have to be the Fill & Freeze Puree Pops!!

Kaden is teething and forever chewing on everything. He absolutely loves sucking on something cold to sooth his sore gums, which is why I knew these Fill & Freeze Puree Pops would be perfect. Although Kaelyn is no longer teething, she still loves homemade 'popsicles', who doesn't, right?!

The Fill & Freeze Puree Pops are great for making fresh fruit lollies from fresh fruit and pure fruit juice. We have tried them out several times, and a favorite of my kids is when I freeze the applesauce I make with some fruit juice! They love it. It's been fun experimenting with different recipes. The set includes four puree pops, so they go pretty quickly, but are so easy to use that we just keep filling them up! They fit so nicely in the tray, so there's no mess and the lollies are the perfect size every time.

I love the fact that they have an easy to hold handle, which is great for both babies and toddlers. They are something that both Kaden and Kaelyn can both enjoy.

So far we've been very impressed with the Annabel Karmel Food Making Accessories! The quality is fantastic and ease of use has been great. We are in the process of testing out the other products we received, so be sure and stay tuned for another post coming soon with our experiences and thoughts.

Also, if you haven't visited the Infantino website recently, you may want to take a moment and do so. They've launched a brand new website this month and I for one, love it! You can also connect with Infantino on Twitter and Facebook.

**I am a participant in a Mom Central Consulting campaign for Infantino and have received various Infantino products as part of my participation.**



2 comments
  1. Anonymous October 25, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

    This is so brilliant. Would love to have this

  2. Stuff Parents Need November 10, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

    So excited to hear about these products! I love making my own baby food, and I'm glad to see a line of products designed to make it easier!

Post a Comment


09 10