Healthy & Fun Alternatives to Candy this Halloween

Posted by Jenna | Wednesday, October 27, 2010




Halloween Clipart Images

Halloween is just around the corner which means trick or treating with our kids or handing out candy for many of us. It's a day most kids look forward to for many weeks...getting all dressed up, and of course...the candy! As a parent I enjoy seeing my kids in their cute costumes, but like many of you I'm sure, I am not all that excited about the amount of candy they will try to eat.

Having grown up with a mom in the dental field, I'm well aware of the dental damages caused by sweet treats, and cavities are the last thing I want my little ones to deal with. That's why I was happy when I learned that the employees of HealthPartners Dental Clinics will be handing out glow-in-the-dark Silly Bandz to trick-or-treaters who visit their homes instead of candy. What a neat idea!

I think this is a great time of year to promote dental health and love the idea of finding healthy and fun alternatives to candy on Halloween. Afterall, things like Silly Bandz are quite popular among kids and teens of all ages these days. For those who aren't familiar with them, they are colorful rubber bands in a variety of shapes that are worn as bracelets.

HealthPartners Dental Clinics also offered other ideas for candy substitutes that I thought I would share:
  • Temporary tattoos
  • Glow sticks
  • Reflective Stickers
  • Popcorn
  • Play-Doh
I thought these were all great ideas!

What about you? Do you have other ideas for healthy and fun alternatives to candy this Halloween? I'd love to hear them!

**HealthPartners sent us two packages of Silly Bandz, however this did not sway my opinions in any way. I think coming up with alternatives to candy for Halloween is a great idea and one I thought I'd share about with my readers. The opinions of others may differ from my own**



0 comments

Post a Comment


09 10