Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever DVD Review

Posted by Jenna | Monday, August 23, 2010



I didn't watch a lot of television as a child, but the ones I did watch I remember quite well. One in particular was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! This was a television show my brothers and I enjoyed watching together. That's why I was excited when I learned that Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment are celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by releasing the first time on DVD, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever on August 24, 2010 (tomorrow!).

When I found out we were going to have the opportunity to review the new movie, I wasn't sure how Kaelyn would like it...but new hubby would probably love it! I was right. :) It was also a television show he grew up watching, so he really enjoyed it. Kaelyn wasn't familiar with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, so this was new to her. She was much more interested in this action filled movie than I thought she would be and enjoyed the DVD a lot.
From the Press Release:
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles meet...the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? The turtles from one dimension meet the turtles from another dimension when a teleporting mishap occurs. Together, all the turtles much locate the Technodrome to fix this mess. Meanwhile, Shredder tracks down his counterpart, Ch'rell, who devises a master plan to travel back to the Prime Universe to get rid of the turtles once and for all! As worlds collide, the turtles come face to face with classic characters like Splinter, Casey and April, and a slew of archenemies including Krang, Hun, the Foot Soliders, the Purple Dragons, Bebop and Rocksteady.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are a team of four mutant turtles trained by their beloved rat sensei, Master Splinter, in the art of Ninjutsu. Named after four Renaissance artists, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael, they battle petty criminals, evil megalomaniacs and alien invaders, all while remaining isolated from society at large in their home in the sewers of New York. The chracters initially appeared in comic books before being licensed for toys, cartoons, video games, films and other merchandise to become one of the most popular franchises of the last 25 years, earning $260 million worldwide!

If you have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan in your house, or have fond memories growing up with the Turtles, you may want to check out the new Turtles Forever movie.

DVD SRP: $16.99
DVD Running Time: 73 minutes
Street Release Date: August 24, 2010

**The product for this review was provided at no cost. All opinions are my own and may vary from those of others**



5 comments
  1. Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage August 23, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

    Hi there, Jenna. I'm visiting from Tara's and the blog hop. Just joined you as a follower, as well. The pic of your kids is just adorable!

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

  2. Xenia August 23, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I totally grew up watching this with my brother as well... I don't think I knew they were still around and popular.

    Now I'm going to have their theme song running through my head the rest of the day... :)

  3. L Howard August 23, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

    I loved watching this cartoon with my little brother! Turtle Power! lol I would love to share the Ninja Turtles with my little guy when he is bigger. I will keep a look out for this dvd in stores.

  4. CD replication March 16, 2012 at 1:13 AM  

    I love to watch the cartoon with the kids. I think this DVD is really fabulous. Thanks for this nice sharing.

  5. DVD printing May 7, 2012 at 7:59 AM  

    Children are fond of watching Ninza CD. I really appreciate your well written blog in this regard. Thanks for the brilliant sharing.

Post a Comment


09 10