Computer Problems

Posted by Jenna | Monday, March 15, 2010



Several months ago, my brother approached me about buying his barely used MacBook Air for a steal of a deal. The laptop I had was falling apart, literally (the hinge on one side was completely disconnected) so it didn't take much convincing for me to realize that this was something I wanted, and needed to do. At first I wasn't sure about the Mac. I had always used a PC, so this was something new to me. Until just recently I had NO idea how attached I've actually gotten to it.

This weekend my hubby noticed that the hinge was separating from the computer on one side (yes, the same thing that happened with my old laptop). I couldn't have been more bummed. :( Was this computer going to fall apart right before my eyes as well? I thought it might, and I was worried customer service would be much like that of the last laptop I owned...but Apple completely surprised me! They not only were very helpful, but also said that the hinge was a known issue and that they would fix it for FREE! Yay! I LOVE free! :)

My Dad and hubby ran my computer up to the nearest Apple store yesterday afternoon (a couple of hours away). Unfortunately it will take a couple of days to fix, but thankfully I will soon have my computer good as new. For the time being I am using my husband's laptop. It's not a Mac which has really brought to my attention just how much I have grown to love my computer! At first I wasn't sure of all the changes having a Mac would bring, but now that I have gotten used to it, using a PC feels a lot different. I don't mind it, and am extremely thankful I have it as a back up, but I prefer my computer. I find it's easier to use, not to mention all of my stuff is on it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.


What about you? Are you a PC or a Mac user and how do you like it?



6 comments
  1. laura March 15, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

    woo-hoo! welcome to the club!
    I am now on my 4th mac and first laptop (in 15+ years).. LOVE.

  2. The Dreamer March 15, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

    You got an award!

    :)

    http://amomcandream.blogspot.com/2010/03/blogging-award.html

  3. Cascia Talbert March 15, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

    I would love to be able to afford a Mac, but for now I am a PC user. I hope you get your computer back soon. Thanks for stopping by Healthy Moms and leaving us a comment. Have a wonderful Monday!

  4. Alison March 15, 2010 at 8:17 PM  

    I love Apple. They have good customer service!

    I've been wanting to try out a mac one day.

  5. Lyn March 16, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

    I am a total PC gal. I used some Macs in college and didn't really care for them. I like my PCs but like using Linux instead of windows.

  6. Rackmount Monitor April 14, 2012 at 6:59 AM  

    You have like to share information computer technology and most solution to provide such as computer problem solution scam. Thanks.

Post a Comment


09 10