As a former preschool teacher, and a parent who likes to encourage my kids to have a love for reading...I believe books are a wonderful way to encourage our children in so many ways. I am always on the lookout for age appropriate books for our daughter Kaelyn and love when I find ones that she can relate to. Recently I was introduced to The Shushybye Sleepover Surprise book and was thrilled to have the opportunity to review it!
There is nothing Kaelyn enjoys more than sitting down with a book...so I knew she would be just as excited as I was to read this one. When it arrived on our doorstep, I barely had it out of the box and she was already asking if we could read it. Of course I said YES!
I'm sure there are many parents out there like myself who have dealt with a child who did not want to go to bed. In fact, sometimes it can be quite an exhausting task. That's why I love this book! Shushybye helps to encourage toddlers and preschoolers to look forward to sleeptime by introducing them to a land where the Shushies make magical dreams for little girls and boys. The catch, or main point of the story, is that if you want to dream you have to go to sleep. How clever is that?!
From the Press Release:
I was very impressed with this book after reading it with Kaelyn, and knew she was equally as impressed when she continued to ask me to read it over and over again! Between the fantastic storyline and the colorful, animated illustrations...this is a book that parents and children of all ages can enjoy reading time after time. I not only love the idea behind The Shushybye Sleepover Surprise, but also the great CD that comes along with it! This is not your typical preschooler's music! It's something that adults will enjoy as well. Oh, and did I mention that the front and back covers of the book glow in the dark?! This was an added bonus to a book that we'd already grown to love!
The Shushybye Sleepover Surprise is not the only great product from Shushybye. In visiting their website, www.shushybye.com, and the Shushybye Shoppe I was happy to learn that they have everything from Shushybye Sleepwear to Shushybye dolls. I'd love to get these things for Kaelyn...she'd love it now that we have the book.
Also, The Shushybye Dream Band will be announcing some tour dates. You can check out the Shushybye website to find out if they'll be playing in a city near you.
Win It: One lucky reader will win a copy of The Shushybye Sleepover Surprise book! To enter, visit the Shushybye website and leave a comment letting me know something you learned.
Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom's Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Shushybye) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: RT Win The Shushybye Sleepover Surprise Book & CD @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/ybumye6 Ends 3/9
5. Become a Fan of A Mom's Balancing Act on Facebook
6. Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
7. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)....ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end March 9th and is open to the US Only!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided for free by Shushybye. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions were given.**