Snow and Freezing Temps in OCTOBER!

Posted by Jenna | Monday, October 12, 2009



One of the nice things about living in the Midwest is being able to watch the seasons change. Fall time is probably my favorite, as it's SO pretty to see the leaves changing...it's like a rainbow of colors as you drive up and down the streets! Unfortunately, our Fall time this year seems to have gotten cut short. Those pretty leaves on the trees and ground are now covered in white snow (we got our first official snow fall last night and it's still falling)! Don't get me wrong, I love the snow, but would much rather it make it's appearance closer to Christmas...not in early October! Along with many of my fellow Minnesotans I'm sure, I'm hoping that this snow doesn't last long and we will get to enjoy our Fall season for a while longer! Temps in the 30's, snow on the ground, and alerts that we're under a Winter Weather Advisory, isn't my idea of nice Fall weather.

I think one of us is excited at least! This is how Kaelyn was dressed when she walked out into the living room this morning (she got into the snow gear I was going through from last year). I think it's her way of telling me she's ready for winter. :)


THEN AND NOW

Pic taken on Oct. 12th of last year

And, pic taken today....I guess it's time to get Kaelyn's snowsuit out!

What is the Fall weather like where you live? Hopefully nicer than here!!



2 comments
  1. Cori Westphal October 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

    I feel your pain! I live in MN and am looking at the same thing so you must be close to me! Where did fall go?

  2. Donnetta October 12, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

    My 4 year old was so excited she tried to skip breakfast and make a break for the yard. I'm not too impressed. Fall is my favorite season. I hope the leaves have a chance to change and we at least make it too the corn maze and apple orchard!

Post a Comment


09 10