God's Little Princess Devotional Bible Review

Posted by Jenna | Friday, June 12, 2009

I was thankful to have had the chance to review God's Little Princess Devotional Bible from Thomas Nelson Publishers. I wasn't sure what to expect, but at the same time was very excited to get it in the mail and check it out. My first thought was how durable it was and how beautiful the front cover was with all of the jewels. What little girl wouldn't be drawn to this book?! I know I was...and I'm an adult!

Although the appearance was perfect...I know that the contents inside are what is most important, so I quickly opened it up and began reading. Not far into it I realized how great this book would be for little girls, and was something I wish I had as a young girl. Although the pages were quite colorful, there were no pictures and I felt the contents were definitely geared towards preschool age and older as the publishers suggest. I really enjoyed the Bible Stories though, and the reflective activities available to do with your daughter after you're done reading. It was neat how God's Word was entwined with little tips on how to handle day to day life in a way that's meaningful to young children. Overall I really thought this was a very good Devotional Bible and appreciated the message it gives young girls about knowing who you are in the Lord and not letting anyone take that from you, and being able to teach young ones that what's important is what's on the inside.

Here is the book description right off the back cover. I thought it was well worded and really captures what this book is about and what it covers:

"Little girls long to be loved, adored, and needed, and to give their hearts to a hero! God is that hero. This devotional Bible for young girls uses Scripture selections from the International Children's Bible alongside articles that help girls blossom into the princesses they were always meant to be. Virtues to create true beauty, such as honor, charity, compassion, sharing, truth, fairness and more are highlighted throughout the book in fun and engaging ways. This Bible will help little girls learn about their destiny as a daughter of God and a true princess."




0 comments

Post a Comment


09 10