Thankful Thursday

Posted by Jenna | Thursday, May 14, 2009

As I woke up this morning to the ultrasound picture lying on my nightstand that was taken yesterday (Yep! I'm pregnant with our second baby!!:)), I was reminded of the many blessings I have in my life to be thankful for! We couldn't be happier about our growing family and the soon to be arrival of our new addition in November!! What a blessing children are from the Lord. Kaelyn has been such a joy in our lives and we can't wait to meet this baby too!!

At 18 1/2 months old, Kaelyn doesn't quite understand what's going on or that she's going to soon be a Big Sister in just a matter of months. However, she does know that there's a baby in Mommy's tummy that she likes to kiss throughout the day! We find her walking around the house rocking her arms from one side to the other and saying "baby" (learned from the Baby Signing Time series no doubt :)). She also was fascinated with the ultrasound pictures and immediately said "baby". I thought that was really neat!

We decided to tell our parents and families a couple of months ago, shortly after we found out, and did so by having Kaelyn walk into the room with her "I'm Going To Be A Big Sister" shirt on. It was quite the surprise for everyone and such an exciting time. As you can see in the picture...Kaelyn was pretty excited too! She knew something big was going on. We always do something special when telling our parents the exciting news! With Kaelyn we did a really neat poem and with this one we decided to do the shirt. I have to mention on a side note, that in looking around for a Big Sister Shirt, I found the best quality and deals at Cafe Press. Not only that...but Cafe Press is connected with Ebates, a great site to shop through and receive money back on your orders. I was so excited to find out that I would not only get money back for my purchase by going through Ebates, but a whopping 10%!! That's pretty good when you consider that most stores are less than 5%.

It's a very exciting time in our lives and we have much to be thankful for, that's for sure!!



6 comments
  1. Coupon Dad May 14, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

    Congratulations! Very exciting. I have four children myself and I couldn't imagine my life without them.

    Great way to break it to the parents with the T-Shirt....that was fun I bet.

  2. Jenn May 14, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

    Congratulations to you! I am due with my 3rd in October...my daughter is almost 17mo and my son will be 3.5 in July :) He was your daughter's age when I was pregnant with Lilli.

    It is amazing! We also did the tshirt thing to tell everyone when we were pregnant with Lil. So adorable!

    Congratulations again!! If you want to link up to Fitness Fridays at Wii Mommies we have a Maternity Mommies meme on my site that coincides ... just for those of us trying to have a fit and healthy pregnancy!! :)

  3. Anonymous May 15, 2009 at 12:21 AM  

    Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, how far along are you?

    My son is 18 1/2 months old too and I am currently 8 months pregnant too!

    This time around I am having a girl though. It is so exciting and I can completely relate!

    ~Stephanie~
    earthtransformation (at) yahoo dot com

  4. iceah May 16, 2009 at 4:30 AM  

    wow! congratulations happy for you dear c:

  5. Jenna May 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

    Thank you all for the congratulations. We're very excited!!

    Stephanie...to answer your question...I am currently just over 12 weeks along. That's exciting that you're 8 months already!

  6. Cher May 22, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

    Congrats! My sons are actually 18 months apart and it is crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way. I hope your two become just as close as my two have gotten (now 28 months and 11 months).

Post a Comment


09 10