The Read & Share DVD Bible - Volume 1

Posted by Jenna | Wednesday, April 01, 2009

It’s very important to my husband and I that we share the joy and wonder of the Lord and His Word with our children. Our daughter is nearly 1 ½ and although young, has already been exposed to a number of things to help shape her understanding of God. Whether it be the music she listens to, the television shows she watches or the things we talk about…we are always doing our best to instill in her these values and beliefs. Her favorite book is actually her Bible, or “bibi” in her words. Even at such a young age she enjoys learning and hearing the stories of the Bible.

That’s why I was SO excited to have had the opportunity to receive a copy of The Read and Share DVD Bible from Thomas Nelson Publishers to review! I knew that as much as she loves her Bible…she’d ADORE this DVD and all it has to offer....and I was right! She loved it! There are thirteen lessons of scripture with stories from the Old Testament. The stories include The Beginning, Adam & Eve, The Flood, Abram, Isaac & Rebekah, Jacob & Esau, Rachel, Jacob & God, John the Baptist, Jesus is Born, Jesus is Tempted, Jesus Love Children, and One Lost Sheep.

What I think is so neat about this DVD was the way it was made. There are short vignettes (about 3 minutes each) which make it perfect for children of young ages whose attention spans are shorter. It’s great for Mom and Dad too…as it’s easily suited for any time of the day…put it in for a couple of stories or for the entire thing. Kaelyn tended to prefer a couple at a time, rather than the whole thing. The animation is bright and easily grabs the attention of a young child, while the dialogue is clear, simple and concise….a perfect way to share the Word of God with your little ones. It’s a resource I have been looking for and am so glad I finally came across it. I hope to look into other volumes in the near future!



2 comments
  1. Cascia Talbert April 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

    That DVD looks really cool and I bet my kids would love it too. Like you I try to teach my children about God and Jesus every day, through my actions, the stories I read to them, and I've even taught them how to pray. All three of my children pray with me every morning, at meal times and at bed time. I'll have to check out this DVD. Thanks for sharing!

  2. Unknown December 22, 2016 at 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment


09 10