Lessons in Motherhood 4: A Mother's Instinct

Posted by Jenna | Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A while back I wrote about the things I've researched and learned when it comes to babies and their naptime routine. I had learned so many tips in just the first few months of having Kaelyn and did my best to share them with other mothers who were wondering and going through the same things I was. Now, over 3 weeks later, I am still following those tips and very happy I hung in there!! Kaelyn is on more of a routine, one that she kind of just settled into on her own. I tried to keep things consistent each day...having feed time, wake time, and sleep time throughout the day in that order! At the very first sign of sleepiness, I lay her down in her crib and within 5 minutes she is out! It's a wonderful feeling to be getting into more of a routine...my baby is happier and so am I! I know there are so many different opinions on what's right and what's not when it comes to naptime routines, but I just wanted to share with you the experience that I've had and it's amazing results! I am enjoying the consistency of knowing when she will sleep, eat, play etc. It makes life much easier and more enjoyable!! You can read up on some of the tips and things that I have found useful by visiting a previous post I wrote last month.....Baby Naptime....Useful Tips.

With that said, I must say that I am not the type of mother who believes that you must have a strict, written in stone, type of schedule. I believe children need consistency, but think it's important to be flexible at the same time...especially when they're young like my daughter is. Most importantly I have learned that it's important to follow the motherly instinct that we all have. If you follow that, you'll be just fine!!



0 comments

Post a Comment


09 10